Sunday, December 2, 2018

Neal Turns 75!!!

It is interesting how as life moves on and the years add on to our age, the perspective we see.  I clearly remember when I was in my 40's I thought 50 sounded so old.  Then when I turned 50 it was 60 that sounded really old.  And in my 60's, 70 sounded ancient.  Now that I am in my 70's my perspective of 'old' has changed to 80!

Neal just celebrated his 75th birthday yesterday.  75 folks.  Hard to believe that Neal and I have lived 3/4 of a century!  I'm beginning to understand now why the elderly often talk about death.  It's because we see that time of passing from this life to the next is kind of at our doorstep.  If we are lucky we may live another 20 years.  When you look at it that way then your perspective changes quickly.  Well, so much for the age thing.  Neal and I are in such good health that I feel like we will live forever.

I took Neal to breakfast for his birthday.  We went to Anna's.  It is a dive over on 9th East but they have a good breakfast menu and a cozy atmosphere.  After, we pretty much spent the day doing projects around the house until Ron and Judy came over for dinner and games.  We had clam chowder, salad and rolls for dinner and then pieced on a variety of candy and nuts for dessert.



"If ever two were one, then surely we,
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize they love more than whole mines of gold,
or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persevere,
That when we live no more, we may live ever."
                Ann Bradstreet

Add 75 x 75 x 75 and then add infinity to that number and that's how much I love Neal.  Happy birthday Neal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment