Saturday, December 15, 2018

Obedience

In Relief Society we discussed obedience from a talk by M. Joseph Brough.  The discussion covered how obedience to God's laws can bless us.  I remember when President Gordon B. Hinckley counseled the women in the church:  "We discourage tattoos and also the piercing of the body for other than medical purposes.  We do not, however, take any position on the minimal piercing of the ears by women for one pair of earrings - one pair."
I clearly remember that talk.  I had two piercings in my ears at that time and made the decision that night to take one of them out.  It was a simple thing but a way for me to show that I could follow the prophet in a very specific way.  I could show the Lord obedience right then and there.  I didn't need to think about it.  It made me happy to do it and I've never regretted it.  I heard someone say once that they didn't remember the Savior saying, "If ye love me, keep my commandments that appear important."  It was a small thing the President Hinckley ask of us, but I trusted that it came from Heavenly Father.  I know that when God promises miracles and blessings, those miracles and blessings are NEVER small and insignificant.  "Obedience brings success; exact obedience brings miracles."  Russell M. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment