Sunday, November 4, 2018

Temples

Lynda Ann has been doing a lot of family research into her biological ancestors.  She has come up with hundreds of names on her side of the family who need their temple work done for them.  Last week I meet her and Emmi at the Jordan River Temple where we each took a name through.  Lynda Ann had her grandmother's name (on her biological mother's side).  As she came through the veil her eyes were flooded with tears.  She said that it wasn't until she was at the veil that she knew her grandmother was aware of what she was doing.  The interesting thing is that I had no feelings at all until I was at the veil and I knew that this was the right thing to be doing.

I don't know who said this but I had it written down on a paper:

"Latter-day Saint temples are considered houses of God, a place of holiness and peace separate from the preoccupations of the world.  They provide a place where Church members make formal promises and commitments to God.  They are also the place where the highest sacraments of the faith occur - the marriage of couples and the "sealing" of families for eternity."

I bear testimony that is true.  I know it and I felt it.  I'm so happy that I was in the temple with my daughter and granddaughter.  What an incredible time.

I have to interject here that there was a funny moment in the session.  I happened to glance at my white shoes and noticed that the sole of the shoe looked like it was cracked.  I slipped the shoe off, turned it over and the whole bottom of the shoe was cracked and ready to fall off.  I was afraid that I would leave a trail of dried pieces of leather behind me when I walked.  Thank goodness the glue held until we were done.  I don't know how many years I've had those shoes but obviously long enough that they need to be replaced.

After the session, the three of us went to Crown Burger and from there to our home.  When I got home I got this picture from Kay Rose (a missionary at the genealogy library).  She said that even Santa Clause was looking up his ancestors!


What a great picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment