Monday, October 29, 2018

New calling

Neal and I met with the Bishopric last week and received a new calling.  We are now the activities and service projects coordinators.  I thought sure that I would be released as the choir director, but that didn't happen and I'm also still teaching at the retirement center.  When the calling came to me the quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard came to my mind and I could not complain to much about having three assignments!

"The Lord isn't asking us to load up a handcart.  He's asking us to fortify our faith.  He isn't asking us to walk across a continent, He's asking us to walk across the street to visit our neighbor.  He isn't asking us to give all of our worldly possessions to build a temple, He's asking us to attend regularly the temples already built.  He isn't asking us to die a martyr's death, He's asking us to live a disciple's life."

Kind of puts things into perspective, don't you think?  So I shall accept this new calling with a smile and do my best as I go forward.  Better that I am busy and actively engaged in good things, right?

I do love this gospel.  I have a testimony of the Savior's teachings and I am committed to do my part (with a smile on my face!)

No comments:

Post a Comment