Monday, October 15, 2018

Projects

There never seems to be a lack of projects that need to be done.  I just recently finished a project that was in my way of thinking - a nightmare!!  Susan asked me if I would do this counted cross stitch for her.  When I saw the pattern I knew it was going to be miserable.  But Susan has done so many things for me that I just couldn't say no, so I put all my projects aside and worked every possible minute to get this stitchery done.  It took me about 2 months was all - but it seemed like FOREVER.  I will just say that I hope to never do one like this again.  Seriously, there are so many mistakes in this that you couldn't possible count them all!!  I was so happy when I took the final stitch!
After I finished it, I was going to give it back to Susan to have it framed but Neal insisted that after I had done all that work he wasn't going to just let it be framed unprofessionally.  So we took this and another one over to the Frame place to be done professionally.  This give you a idea of how it will look when completed.
We also had another one that just needed to be redone.  Annie has always wanted my "Happy Everything" that I've had for years.  So Neal and I took it to the frame place to have it rematted and framed in black.  It is going to be amazing when finished.  I took a picture of it now before it is redone so we can see what a difference matting and framing can make on a picture.  The contrast will be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment