Monday, October 29, 2018

How do I get myself into others projects?!

Last week Ashley, Heather and I arranged to have lunch with our friend Kay Rose.  Kay used to work at the county with the three of us and we are fast friends.  Kay also lived in my ward and she and I were visiting teachers for a couple of years.  Kay has since retired from the county and is serving a mission centered here in Salt Lake.  We met for lunch and had a wonderful visit catching up on her mission and family.  After lunch, we said to me that she had something she wanted me to do for her.  Of course I smiled and told her I would be happy to do a favor for her.  She went to her car and pulled out a counted cross stitch project that I remember she had started a few years ago when she was working at the county.  Probably about 5 years ago.  She asked me to finish it for her!  How could I say no.  I couldn't.  She did ask me if I was working on a project and my response was that I always had a stitching project in the works.  So once again, I've set my project aside so that I can get this one done for Kay before her mission ends in June.  My goal is to have it done by the end of November!  Here is the project as far as I have it done.  Kay had the major part of the picture done, what she doesn't have is all the outlining and all the lettering, etc.  That is the part that takes hours to do.  I don't have a colored picture of it to show the finished project so I will post it when it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment