Sunday, August 19, 2018

My new china

Neal and I are working on getting a 24 place setting of our new china.  We found someone who was selling her whole set with all the accessories like salt and pepper shakers, gravy boat, tea pot - yes a tea pot or coffee pot - and butter dish, etc.  Who ever packed it did a terrible job and when we opened it, there were many pieces broken.  I was grateful that most of the pieces that didn't make it were the tea cups and saucers.  There were some little fruit bowls that I loved and most of them didn't make it so I will have to get on ebay and amazon and see if I can find some to buy.
 The little stems that go on top of the serving bowls.



 So excited for my new china to have a place in the china hutch.  Neal did the arranging, of course.  We also are now using the Americana dishes for our every day dishes and have them housed in the kitchen cupboards.  The old dishes are stored carefully away.

We don't have all the pieces yet but hopefully we will eventually be able to buy all the missing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment