Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Christmas Quilts



I know it is August and I'm thinking about Christmas.  But, I knew that this project would take me a lot of hours to pull off.  With Annie's help, she put a name on each quilt.  Then it became my project to tie all of them.  I have to say that my middle finger and my thumb are pretty much numb and very tender from tying 17 quilts!!  I just took the last one off the frames tonight and put the quilting frames away and got my basement back in order.  Here are a picture of the pajama quilts.  Oh, I need to explain that I took all the scraps from all the pajama material that I've made the grandchildren over the years and made quilt squares out of them.  I put them all together and now I have 'pajama' quilts - well that is what I like to call them.  I'm hoping that the grandchildren will appreciate them now and in years to come they may look at them and remember the pajamas that I made them.






Now comes the process of binding all of them.  That will be a long and involved project but my goal is to have them all done by the end of August.  We will see how I do.  I hope this gift is something that the grandchildren will love as much as I've loved making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment