Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 20th

Mindy text me first thing this morning with a baby picture of Jeff's.  We are all thinking about him today especially.  He would have been 50 years old!  Wow!  50 years.  How would you have handled turning 50?

I love this picture because I'm enfolded in Jeff's arms and I can feel the love when I look at the picture.  The smile is great and the feeling of the whole picture is genuine.
As I sat in Sacrament Meeting this morning and sang the song "Where Can I Turn For Peace", I let the tears gently roll down my cheeks.  I love you Jeff.  I miss you and I think of you all the time.  I know you are with us when we need you.  That brings me solace.

When I walked in from church and rounded the corner to go upstairs I noticed that this flower that was given to me a few days after you left us, was in full bloom.  It was as if Jeff were saying, "I'm here and I love you mom."  then I noticed the statue of the Savior looking down at the sign that says, "Families are Forever"  That is where I find my peace.
"Though we don't know all things, we know that God lives and that he loves us.  Standing on that firm foundation, we an reach up and find strength to endure the heavy burdens of life."
President Russell M. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment