Sunday, May 6, 2018

Boston's Eighth Birthday

It is hard to believe that our 2nd youngest grandson turned 8.  Our grandchildren are all moving in the teen and college age group.

Boston was asked who he wanted to speak at his baptism.  He first said he wanted Brock but apparently Brock flat out refused.  So his 2nd choice was his Gam.  I was flattered and happy to be asked.  I had then understanding that I would be speaking on the Holy Ghost.  But when we got to the baptism I saw on the program that I was speaking on baptism and someone else was speaking on the Holy Ghost.  So when I got up I simply said that because of a misunderstanding I would simply let the spirit guide my thoughts and I would speak on baptism and not give the talk I had prepared.  (I think it was okay).

Boston was baptized by his father and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by his grandfather, Neal Maxfield.  His "Pa" gave him a beautiful blessing.

We love you, Mr. Boston, and proud of your decision to be baptized.

 Neal and I picked up Lyndsy, River and Desmond and head to Herriman.  Lyndsy's car was in shop getting fixed.  We got out to Maren'a a little early and went to their home and gave Boston his birthday present and his baptism towel.
 Maren wanted some pictures taken when we got to the Stake Center.  Such a good looking family!
 Picture with Dan and Sylvia, Greg's parents.

After the baptism, we all went over to Maren and Greg's home for a delicious lunch to celebrate the baptism and Boston's birthday.

 The lunch was delicious!  Maren did a beautiful job of hosting a large group for dinner.
 Boston's birthday cake.  We all sang happy birthday to him.
 I'm not sure he was totally enjoying all the attention.  But, I think it was a happy day for him.
After the party Neal and I went with Maren and Greg to see their lot that they will soon be building a new home on.  One that will be wheelchair assessable for Taylor.
 Greg meeting their soon to be neighbor for the first time.  Greg is pretty much standing in the middle of their lot. looking toward the Bingham Copper Mine.
Some more fun pictures of the day.








No comments:

Post a Comment