Saturday, March 18, 2017

Abigail Jeannine turns 16!

It is happening.  All of our grandchildren are growing up and getting older.  Abby's request for her 16th birthday was to have her Gam cook a turkey dinner.  I prepared the bread and the turkey the night before her birthday.  Got up at 5:30 in the morning and with the help of Neal we got the turkey in the oven.  That big bird c for ooked slowly all day long.  Neal and I left for Stansbury at 4:30 and ended up having a delicious and complete turkey dinner.  It was delicious.  Annie prepared all the trimmings to go with the dinner and made some strawberry pies.  It was fun to be at Annie's and celebrate Abby's 16th birthday.  What a beautiful girl you are and we are so happy and proud of all you are accomplishing, are and becoming.  We love you Abby.
 I have to tell the story of the dressing and the food processor.  I gave my old processor to Lynda Ann and Emmi and ran to Macey's to buy me a new one that was on a great sale.  I bought it, returned home and unpacked it and put it together so that I could see how it worked.  As I was taking the part they call the "bowl" (it is the part the food is mixed in) off the machine it slipped out of my hand and went flying across the kitchen, hitting the table and bouncing off the floor.  Of course it broke and cracked.  When it hit the corner of the table it took a piece out of it about the size of a quarter and when it hit the floor it cracked up both sides of the handle.  Well, needless to say I was sick.  I had to get on line and order a new bowl at the price of $50.00.  Half of what I had saved on the sale I had to put back into the silly thing!  I was not a happy camper!  This happened about a week before I was to prepare the dressing for the turkey.  I needed to puree the onion and the celery and needed the processor to do that.  So, I got creative.  I found some silver electric tape and taped over the hole and up both sides of the cracks.  It worked!!!  I was amazed and very happy.  Amazing what some good tape can do.


 I pulled the tape back so you could see the hole.  You have to look closely but you can see the damage I did to it.
Pictures of the birthday celebration.


 They forgot to get candles so Mallory grabbed the lighter and while we sang happy birthday, Abby blew out the lighter.  Very creative.
I might add here, just for the record, that Hayley had been diagnosed with pneumonia.  She was a very sick little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment