Monday, June 13, 2016

That time of year. Changing out the hutch.

Neal was the one who decided on Saturday that it was time to change out the china hutch.  He got all the dishes out and cleaned all the glass while I packed up Annette's china and got out the Americana china to put in the hutch for display.  It is interesting to watch Neal go through this process because with Neal, it isn't just a matter of changing them out, it becomes a work of art to display the dishes each year.
 The finished project and Neal standing there studying it to make sure it is exactly as he wants it.  I tell you, he just doesn't randomly put the china in the hutch.  It goes in with a pattern in mind.  I love that he enjoys doing that three times a year.  I'm afraid I would just put one set on display and it might just stay in there all the time.  I was busy making funeral potatoes for tomorrows dinner. You can see the mixture at the bottom of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment