Monday, June 27, 2016

Finally but sadly released from my calling as the Stake RS President

Last Tuesday evening Neal and I were called over to the Stake President's office.  I knew exactly what it was for.  We met with my first counselor, Vicky Parry and her husband Pres. Parry along with Lisa and the whole stake presidency who are Pres. Little, Pres. Amos and Pres. Dent.  Pres. Little proceeded with the meeting by telling us how grateful he was for our service and how much he loved us and that as a new stake president it was so nice to know that he didn't need to make any changes at that time and could concentrate of other changes that needed to be made.  He then asked me if I would like to say anything and I think I blubbered out something like it had been and incredible journey and I'd loved it.  Pres. Little then asked each person if they had anything they would like to say.  He came to Pres. Parry who said that there was absolutely no question that I was supposed to be the Stake Relief Society President at that time.  The meeting ended and I left with tears running down my face and a hug from Pres. Little and one from Pres. Parry.

As we were driving home, Neal asked me how I was feeling and I told him I felt like I'd just lost another son.  Like a piece of my heart had just been cut out.  With stake conference coming up the following Sunday I knew I would be called on to share my testimony.  It was an emotional high combined with an emotional low.

Sunday morning rolled around and the inevitable was going to happen.  I was officially released and a new presidency called.  I was called on to share my testimony.

The are some of my thoughts share with the stake that morning:
"When I said my prayers this morning, I told Heavenly Father that I would be called on to share some thoughts.  I explained to him that some women cry pretty and some cry ugly.  I fit into the later category.  Not a pretty crier.  Could he possible bless me that I could get through my talk without crying.  The answer was 'Nope, not possible, even for Him.'  

The audience laughed hard here.

I then told them that Missionaries almost always say that it was the best two years of their lives.  I told them this was the best 6 years of my life.  I am grateful to Pres. Parry for extending this calling to me - even though I may have doubted his ability to receive inspiration.  Audience laughed again.

It has been wonderful to serve under both Pres. Parry and Pres. Little.  I am grateful for their confidence in me for their guidance and their love.  I have a great respect and love for both of these men.

It is a blessing to be married to Neal and to have his continued support as I have served in this calling.  He has been by my side every step of the way.

I have had the privilege of serving with incredibly spiritual women who have served with love, taught me much and strengthened my testimony.  As a presidency we have visited the relief society in our stake and our hearts have been touched.  We have noticed the time and loving care that is extended to the elderly in the care centers.  We have felt the love between the sisters as we've attended your relief society meetings.  We have been touched by the many stories of service that have been related to us and watched ward presidencies who lovingly serve the sisters under their care.

As we have met with President Little each month, we have felt the love and concern for all the sisters of this stake.

I layed in bed this morning and tried to sum up how I felt a out he past years and I came to the conclusion that I've felt like I've been in a grand group hug.  The feeling and memories I shall relish for the rest of my life.

Brothers and Sisters, I have a testimony of this great and inspired program.  I have a testimony that it will enrich our lives.  I have a testimony and a love of this great gospel.  As it says in one of the primary songs, 'I know my Father lives and loves me too.'  I am thankful that my Father in Heaven inspired Pres. Parry who gave me this opportunity to serve you during the past six year."

That was as close as I can remember what I said.

Now I have to share an interesting thing that happened.  Before I knew I was being released, I had given Pres. Little two names of sisters to replace my secretary.  Interestingly enough, The new Stake RS President, Barbara Crockett called both those women to serve with her.  Interesting, don't you think.  Coincidence and inspiration.  Absolutely inspiration.  Those two sisters are supposed to serve in the presidency.  I was amazed when they were the two called.  Sister Crockett did not know that they were the two names I had given Pres. Little.

I have loved this calling, served with all my heart and felt so much help from my Heavenly Father.  So grateful for this experience.

I might add here that stake conference ended at noon and at 4:00 P.M. that afternoon, I got a call from the ward clerk that Bishop Janzen wanted to meet with me Tuesday evening at 7:00.  No time to breathe when building up the kingdom!!  I'll let you know what my new assignment is.

No comments:

Post a Comment