Monday, April 13, 2015

St George Weekend

What a very timely and needed get-away this past weekend.  Neal and I headed out of town with Ron and Judy Thursday evening heading to St. George.  I needed desperately to get away and not think about the events of the past week.  We had a perfectly delightful time. 

Friday morning found us golfing at the St. George golf course.  We golfed 18 holes and had so much fun.  I didn’t think about past events one time.  Just enjoyed the golf game and celebrating every good hit!

IMG_1823IMG_1824

There was one time when we were golfing that I happened to look over my shoulder and there in my view was the St. George Temple in all it’s white elegant beauty.  The interesting thing is that no one else noticed it.  I did point it out to Judy as we were on the golf cart together but Ron and Neal were too far ahead of us so I couldn’t draw their attention to it.  Showed them the picture when we got back and they were so surprised.  There is something surprisingly calming and spiritual that comes over me every time I see a temple. 

IMG_1825

Friday evening we had a delicious dinner, played bridge and visited until late. 

Saturday morning Judy and I decided to head to the mall and do some much needed (not) shopping.  Actually I didn’t end up buying much of anything.  Just wasn’t in the mood, which is very, very unusual for me.  I did get some mascara, but that was it.  Spent a whole $16.00. 

Saturday afternoon Neal and Ron went golfing and Judy and I changed and went out by the pool to soak in some sun and talk and talk and talk and talk.  I found myself completely resolved to what had happened and that I can move on and be happy with who I am and what I’ve accomplished in the past 25 years of taking on a “whole new world”.  Lovely legs for 70, huh?

IMG_1827

Neal and Ron stopped at a pie place and bought this delicious cream pie.  We all indulged in devouring it that evening.  Yummmm

IMG_1826

We got up Sunday morning and went to Sacrament Meeting at 9:00 and then back to the condo where we had a very nice relaxing day just being together.  We headed home about 530, stopped in Fillmore for a burger and shake and got home about 10:30.  It was a wonderful weekend and something I needed at that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment