Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Great Day Today! I LOVE my job.

It was Secretary’s Day today.  Well, that isn’t what they call it anymore.  I think it is Administrative Assistance Day or something like that, but it means Secretary’s Day.  So as the day was coming to a close my boss, Ron Lund, called me into his office and gave me a wonderful compliment on the great work I was doing and he handed me a gift card to Talbots with this note inside:

“Jeannine:

Thank you sooo much for all you do.  I am so appreciative to have you as a friend and colleague.  I don’t tell you enough, but you truly are an amazing woman.  The work you do is appreciated.

You have been doing your job and parts of Kay’s in a time of need.  You get much done without it coming to my attention.  The management of Task Force and assistance in getting information out wouldn’t happen without you.

I am grateful to have you as a friend that I can bounce ideas, challenges, or struggles with work or home with.  I wouldn’t change the way things are.

Thanks for all you do.  Keep up the good work.

Ron”

I was extremely touched by the gift but more by the words written in the note.  I love my job and I love my boss, Ron (in a good way).  He is like a son to me.

IMG_1858IMG_1859

Oh yes, it was Earth Day today and this was a picture that one of our colleagues took of myself, Karla and Doug.  Great people that I work with!  We are getting lemonade ready for the children coming for Earth Day.

IMG_1857

No comments:

Post a Comment