Sunday, September 8, 2013

Trying new things

I had a bushel of peaches and for the first time ever, I made peach jam, which I might add is quite delicious.  Neal and I like it, Ron and Judy like it – the final test is if the Gertsons like it.  They are my most picky eaters and will tell me the truth!

I got ahold of a recipe for peach pie filling that you make ahead of time, freeze in pie tins and then when you are ready for a pie, you take the frozen shaped pie filling, put it on an unbaked pie crust shell, put dabs of butter on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg and another pie shell on top and pop it in the oven for an hour an you have a fresh peach pie for dinner!  I made the pie fillings and they are in the freezer and today I will bake one and see if they are good enough to go buy a few more peaches and make some more to have in the freezer.  I had just enough peaches for for pies.  Never been a pie maker.  My mother made delicious pies but it was an art I never ventured in to.  We will see how this goes.  I shall post a picture of the finished product just out of the oven and let you know how it tastes.

IMG_5659IMG_5660

No comments:

Post a Comment