Thursday, April 11, 2013

How good is your food processor?

All of you children know that dad likes to make fruit drinks all the time.  He combines everything from A to Z if it is a fruit.  Whips it all together in his very special and expensive food processor, puts it in the frig and then each morning he churns it up, pours some in a cup and drinks it on his way to school.  Well, here is the rest of the story.  I came home from work and saw that dad had mixed up a fruit smoothie and had more than would fit in the processor.  So he poured the extra into two cups and set them in the frig (without a lid I might add).  When I saw them sitting there, the first thing that went through my mind was that the glasses could easily get knocked over or tipped causing a mess in the frig that I cared not to have to clean up.  So, thinking ahead to avoid a future mess,  I remembered that I had a large container that had a wire ball in it.  The wire ball used to mix things up in the container.  For example, flour and water for non lumpy gravy, slim fast for a smooth chocolate drink, etc.  I thought it would be great for Neal’s mixture because he could just grab it in the morning and shake it up really good and then drink it.  He wouldn’t even have to get the processer out!  What a great idea (I thought).  That evening, Judy and Ron dropped by for dessert and to play some bridge.  Neal asked Ron if he would like to try his recent mixture.  So Neal got out the processor, found the drink in the container and poured it in the processor.  He turned on the machine and it made a horrible noise which got nosier by the second.  He finally turned it off, figuring that the machine was broken.  He poured out the drink and there on the bottom he found this gob of heavy wire all wrapped around the blades!  I knew immediately what it was.  Neal was not happy with me but I thought it was kind of funny.  We got some pliers and with a lot of work and effort Neal was able to untangle the wire and pull it out of the processor.  Amazingly enough, the processor works perfectly!  I guess you get what you pay for!  This is pictures of before and after.  By the way, we bought the processer at Costco.IMG_4775

 

IMG_4774

No comments:

Post a Comment