Sunday, April 28, 2013

A sad day for the Tucker Maxfield Family

I remember so clearly the first time that I lost my dog.  His name was Cubby.  He was a stray that I had picked up some where, brought home and I’m sure with reservations from my mother, adopted him into our family.  Cubby waited for me every day to come home from school.  Played with me and kept my warm during the winter months by sleep on my bed in the cold upstairs, unheated bedroom.  Animals become a part of your life.  Whenever the time comes that we have to part with them it is like losing a part of ourselves. 

The pictures below are ones that were sent to me and I wanted to post them in memory of Belle and with great sadness to my three little granddaughters.  Gam and Pa are very sad.

These are the words from Jamie: “It was a very rough 24 hrs.  Lots of crying in the last few weeks as we saw Belle going downhill.  But once the decision was made, it was a painful life lesson for the girls.  They don’t know life without Belle!  But the waves of peace have started to come.” 

“Tucker did a great job getting a memorial tree and we had a little funeral.” 

Tucker, you are a very thoughtful and tender Father. 

IMG_0194IMG_0192IMG_0193

No comments:

Post a Comment