Sunday, August 5, 2012

Then came Bear Lake–my birthday from Ron and Judy

It has probably been 15+ years since I’ve been at Bear Lake.  Whatever little appeal it had for me was completely taken away years ago.  Ron and Judy have a small family cabin at Bear Lake.  They called us and asked if we wouldn’t please come up and join them for the weekend.  We didn’t have anything planned for my birthday weekend, so we accepted the offer.  We met Ron and Judy at the golf course.  Neal and Ron stayed to golf 9 holes and Judy and I headed to the cabin.  Their cabin is on the East side of the lake but way past the Scout Camp.  We visited for a long time and just before the men got back we fixed a steak dinner.  Judy is an excellent cook and the dinner was delicious.  After dinner we played bridge and then called it a day. 

IMG_4123IMG_4124IMG_4126

After dinner Ron and Judy gave me my birthday present.  One of the presents was a ball marker that you attach to the rim of your golf hat and the decorative part stays on with a magnet.  You simply pull it off, mark your ball and then put it right back on your hat again.  Clever and very fun.  I loved it.  After the presents, came some surprise fireworks for my birthday.  Each box had 25 shots.  Ron decided that 50 was plenty!  In case you can’t see, my marker is a pink flamingo. 

IMG_4128IMG_4130IMG_4129IMG_4133

Saturday morning we went to Mountpelier and played golf.  It is a hooky little golf course but very lady friendly.  Very wide fairways and hard to loose a golf ball.  Neal did have a fight with two pine trees!  On the way home we bought the famous fresh raspberry shakes only we had chocolate raspberry and it was out of this world.  Thanks Ron and Judy for a fun filled weekend. 

IMG_4131

Neal and I got up bright and early and headed back to Salt Lake for our Sunday responsibilities.  On the way down the canyon as we were passing Park City we saw the big air balloons.  They are beautiful and fascinating.

IMG_4135

No comments:

Post a Comment