Sunday, August 5, 2012

August and I am officially 68

My day began at work.  I walked in and was greeted with a group of my co-workers singing happy birthday to me.  I looked over at my desk and it was loaded with bags of candy.  They all got together and decided the best gift was to give me candy for my candy dish that they all eat.  I believe I now have enough to last me for a couple of months.  That will save me a healthy sum of money.  Kevin Okleberry in the background.  He is the same height as Jeff G.  Also notice that I’m sporting a new hair do.  Just got it cut the day before and it feels so good.

IMG_4121IMG_4119IMG_4120

I left work at noon to meet Neal and head to Bear Lake to join Ron and Judy Stanfield.  We were just getting ready to walk out the door when the Gertsons came bursting in with Happy Birthday Gam!  What a wonderful surprise!  Each grandchild had created a card for me.  Because they are personal messages to me and because I don’t want to embarrass, them I will only tell just a little part of what they said. 

Abby made me a pin cushion and made this card with the cute message that went with a package of my favorite cookies, that I LOVE!  I took them to Bear Lake and only shared three or four of them and ate all the rest by myself.  Thank you Abby.

IMG_4137  IMG_4143

Abby also created a card with each letter of my name representing something.  Pictured below is the front of the card and an example of the inside.  Yes, it make me cry tears of happiness.  These personal cards are my treasures!

IMG_4148IMG_4149IMG_4150

Mallory created a card that had 8 (the same amount of letters to spell my name) pages of different memories of things I have done and do that have affected her life.  Every page had something she had made to illustrate what she was saying.  Thank you Mallory.  This certainly touched my heart.  I always hope I am creating good, happy and warm memories for my grandchildren along with inspiring them in some way.  Yup, more tears.

IMG_4145IMG_4146

Next came a card from Hayley that she wanted me to be sure and notice that she had not only made me a special card but had made the envelope to go with it.  Thank you Hayley, I LOVE it.  By this time the tears are evident and I don’t want to stop them.

IMG_4147

Andrew gave me a flower with I Lov Uo on the stem along with a little booklet that he explained to me was full of hearts of love.  Thank you Andrew for the hugs and the many hearts of love.

IMG_4142

Emmi gave me a card with her personal thoughts inside that I won’t put on my blog but will read that sweet message over and over. The card said, “It’s not the miles, it’s the memories.” 

IMG_4144

Lynda Ann and the kids made me fortune cookies with a message inside each cookie.  Some of the messages:  “#1 cookie #1 Gam,” “You are not the average grandma.” “You will be told you are the best grandma ever.” “You are the best mom and best gam.” “Happy 68th.” and my favorite, “This project wasn’t easy.  We love you!”  By the way, the fortune cookies were delicious!!

IMG_4141

Annie surprised me with a picture of the kids.  She noticed that I didn’t have any pictures of her kids at work and I made the comment that if I had a picture, I would certainly be proud to display it at work!  Thus this great final birthday present.  The girls all told me that Andrew ruined every picture.  Boys will be boys, right Tucker?

IMG_4151

I also got a big bag of trail mix to take to Bear Lake or Mexico with me.  Thanks, Gertsons for all your creative efforts in my behalf.  They are loved!!  It certainly was a happy birthday and a happy surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment