Sunday, April 8, 2012

Then came the egg contest!

And Neal/dadl/Pa wins the much coveted trophy for 2012!  It came down to Pa and Brock.  Almost sad to beat out a grandchild.

IMG_3625IMG_3626IMG_3627IMG_3628IMG_3629IMG_3631IMG_3630

There was much discussion about how hard we hit each other’s eggs and the fact that Neal had a little Easter sticker on the end of his egg.  As family members were throwing out comments, that we all in fun, Emmi wrote them down.  Below is the bracket and the rules for next year that I’m more than positive, no one will follow because it just doesn’t make one bit of difference as to whether your egg will break or not.  I love this family tradition!  We always miss Tucker and Jamie and the three girls and CJ, Justin and Derek.  How will they ever win if they aren’t here to participate.  Very sad.

IMG_3632

The steroid comment because when Greg hit Maddie’s egg, he not only crushed the end of her egg but nearly split it to the other end!  Of course, the sticker was for Pa’s sake.  The other two rules I can’t give a report on where they came from or why.  I guess one has to recognize that this is SERIOUS business!!

IMG_3633

What a wonderful day we had.  I love my family and I love being together.  We miss those who live far away but know that you are always thought of and missed when we are together.  The other night when Neal and I were at the mall, we ran into Nanette.  As we talked she turned to me and said, “How are YOUR kids – Lynda and Jeff?”  How very sad that even she who has adopted children doesn’t get that we are a sealed together forever family and that we all love each other and that we are ONE family.  I’m grateful to all my children who understand, believe and live the principle of a forever family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment