Saturday, April 7, 2012

A project finished–another started!

The project finished except for putting on the little red ribbons just above each number and then sewing a back on and putting the dowel on the top to hang it from. 

IMG_3589IMG_3590IMG_3591

While we were in China, I mentioned that I had a ride on a moped with a Chinese Security person to take me to some back street counted cross stitch station.  It literally was a hole in the ground kind of place, but it was there that Derek found the counted cross he wanted me to do for him.  When I opened it up to sort the thread, check the material and try and figure out the directions – there was a gasp.  Of course everything is in Chinese so reading anything was not an option.  The volume of thread was enough to put fear in any stitcher.  They mark their fabric with purple ink in 10 count squares and their material is not as nice as I like.  So off to the stitchery station to get another piece of material to work on.  (Of course I bought a couple more projects!)  I got the thread all sorted and figured out code so that I know what color I’m supposed to be using.  Apparently they stitch by the square – we stitch by starting in the very center and working our way out.  I did it my way and have officially put in some hours. 

IMG_3592

 

IMG_3593

This is where we are as of April 6, 2012,  If you look closely, you will see that I have done the small clump of flowers in the upper middle.  You will also get an idea of how much MORE there is to do.  I must love Derek a lot!  Yes, I do.

IMG_3594

No comments:

Post a Comment