Saturday, April 20, 2024

Temple Week!

 Neal made reservations for us to go to the Taylorsville Temple open house.  We were on the first group to go through.  And we found that you didn't really need tickets.  No one as asking for them.  People just lined up and they opened the doors and people entered slowly and quietly.  They have people outside the entrance who put while slippers on over your shoes to protect the brand new carpets and floors.  The temple was gorgeous and it was fun to go through it.  It is amazing how many people line up every day to go through each temple as it is completed and before it is dedicated.  People seem to recognize the sacred place that it is because everyone speaks in a whisper.  It was calm and beautiful.  Picture of Neal just before we went in.

This is after we came out.  It was a chilly day but the sky behind the temple was gorgeous.
Then Saturday of the same week Mallory and I met at the Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple at 10:30 and did an 11:00 Endowment Session.  I don't think there is a temple that I've ever been in that hasn't made me look in awe at the beauty.  The Celestial Room is always the most gorgeous room in the temple - that's my opinion.  After the session we drove to Costa Vida and had lunch and then headed home.  I always love that Mallory sets up these times for us to go together.  They are special times for me and memories that will stay with me forever.  Mallory told me that after she got her name, she was waiting for me and the worker asked her if she needed something.  Mallory told her that she was waiting for her grandmother and the worker said, "Oh, does she need the elevator?"  Mallory assured her that I wasn't in need of an elevator.  So thankful that I'm still able to be independent and climb the stairs at 79.  
It was a gorgeous day!  

This totally brought a laugh.  Someone is very, very clever!  And it is almost true!!  LOVE living in the Salt Lake Valley.

Love this granddaughter who is keeping me focused and on the straight and narrow path!  



No comments:

Post a Comment