Tuesday, May 7, 2024

A Trip to Price

 A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to make a trip to Price to my hearing doctor, Ryan.  My hearing aids were somewhere between 4 and 5 years old and I didn't feel like they were working as good as they seemed to when I first got them.  As it worked out, Judy and Ron need to go to their cabin in Scofield to put in a new water heater.  The three of us drove to Scofield and dropped off Ron who would work with Judy's brother, Robert, to install the new water heater.  While they were doing that project, Judy and I drove on into Price to pick up my new hearing aids that (I'm happy to say) don't need batteries!  My new ones have a charging case that you can put them in every night to keep them charged.  Love that!  We got back to the cabin and Ron and Robert were just finishing up their project.  We had a nice hot bowl of chicken soup, cleaned things up as best we could and headed back down the canyon.  Fun day.  You can see that there is still a lot of snow in Scofield.  

Ron and the new water heater.
Judy's brother, Robert, Judy and Ron
When we were driving back from Price we had to stop for about 30 minutes.  There were men up on the mountain side knocking down rocks and boulders.  It was so interesting to watch them scale the mountain side.  

When we got back to the cabin this is what was laying out in front of the cabin.  The old water heater.  You can see that it had literally "bit the dust"!  They were so lucky that they had discovered it was leaking last Fall and were able to shut it down until they could get it replaced this Spring.  If it had leaked and drained all over the cabin during the winter months it could have done a lot of damage!
New water heater and new hearing aids all in one trip.  Nice to be able to shower at the cabin this year and nice that I can hear well again!


No comments:

Post a Comment