Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Sunday Services

 Mallory told me that she had been asked to speak in church this Sunday so I went down after attending my meeting at MBK.  Jeff, Lynda Ann, Andrew and Hayley went down and I met them there.  The funny part of this story is that I got to the church and was sitting in the parking lot waiting for Jeff and Annie to get there and I get a call from Lynda telling me that Mallory said I was at the wrong building!  Mallory tracks me and knew I wasn't where I was supposed to be.  I was on 100 North and 1100 West and needed to be on 100 North and 900 West.  I was just a few blocks off.  I laughed that there are LDS chapels on just about every corner in Utah.  But I made it to the right building.  Annie was standing out on the front lawn watching for me.  Glad my family take care of me.  Mallory's talk was absolutely fabulous.  She gave a beautiful Easter message.  This is a quote from a talk by Elder Wirthlin that she used in her talk:

"Each of us will have our own Fridays - those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces.  We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again.  We will all have our Fridays.

But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death - Sunday will come.  In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.

No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come.  In this life or the next, Sunday will come.

I testify to you that the Resurrection is not a fable."  - Elder Wirthlin's talk "Sunday Will Come."  

Everyone should look up this talk and read it.  It is beautiful.  Mallory bore her testimony to the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the resurrection and atonement of our Savior.  

Thank you, Mallory, for inviting me down to hear your talk and for filling my spiritual well to overflowing on the Easter Sunday.


After sacrament meeting we all drove to Chili's where Jeff and Annie treated us to dinner.  It was pretty quiet in the restaurant which made it nice to eat and visit.  We all left with our tummies full and extra to take home with us.
When we were leaving, Annie gave Mallory her 'adult' Easter basket full of all kinds of essentials for apartment living.  What a great idea.  She also gave her some Easter candy.


Loving hug from my daughter to send me on my way.

Happy Easter everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment