Thursday, January 18, 2024

The Book of Mormon

I am so excited that this year we are back to the Book of Mormon as our study in Gospel Doctrine.  I love reading this fantastic book and the testimony of the Savior's life and ministry on the earth.  The Book of Mormon brings comfort and peace because, in its pages, we discover who we were, who we are, where we are going, and why we press forward in life, especially when it's hard and overwhelming.

And we gain a greater insight into the Savior's remarkable ministry of compassion, healing, and love during His visit to the American continent.  I share my profound love for this book with all my children and grandchildren.  I hope that we all can enjoy its transformative power and commit ourselves to it.  Inspired by Nephi's example, I would encouraged my posterity to Go and Do and follow the Lord even when it's difficult, and to dedicate our lives to learning more about the Savior.

All these thoughts were going through my head as I was busy making chocolate chip cookies on a snowy Sunday afternoon.  What could possible taste better than a hot chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.

Neal shoveling a path to the lawn for Sprout to do his business.



All baked and ready to eat.  You see, we can fill our tummies as well as our souls!  


No comments:

Post a Comment