Thursday, January 4, 2024

Fun Times

 Emmi wanted to go down to BYU and walk around campus, browse around the BYU Bookstore and then go have pizza for lunch.  I thought it would be fun to have Taylor join us but she had to work that afternoon and couldn't come.  Emmi and Andrew picked me up at 11:30 and we headed to Provo.  We were supposed to meet Mallory at the bookstore at 12:30.  We wandered around the bookstore and bought a few things and then went out and walked around campus.  Amazing how there is always some construction going on somewhere on campus.  Emmi got to see where she used to work and where most of her classes were.  Mallory showed us the building where she works and where most of her classes are.  I just enjoyed the ambience and thought back on the fun memories that I had while attending BYU.  It was fun to be with the two granddaughters who love BYU as much as I do.  

We headed over to the Brick Oven for a delicious lunch.  Stayed there for a while and just visited.  Emmi would be heading home to Hawaii the next day so we all had to soak in as much of her as we could before we had to say our goodbyes.  


Just me being silly!

The four of us at the Brick Oven.  The food there is always delicious.
Had to grab a picture of these two before we all said goodbye.
Happy and sad moment all rolled into one picture.  Remember the old song, "Sisters"?  That is what I thought of when I took this picture.  "There were never such devoted sisters!"  

It was such a fun day and I'm so happy that they included me in the adventure and being able to spend a little more time with Emmi before she headed back to Hawaii.  I'm so thankful to have such thoughtful and  caring children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment