Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A Time To Remember

January 28 of 2016.  Seems so very long ago and yet seems just yesterday that we were gathered together to pay tribute and say an unexpected goodbye to Jeffrey.   I still think back on the very first time that little 5 pound bundle was placed in my arms.  I cried lots of happy tears.  I was so thankful that Heavenly Father had answered so many heartfelt prayers to have the opportunity to be a mother.  And I had not forgotten the sacrifice made by Jeffrey's biological mother.

I remember his first smile, his first tooth, his first steps, and his happy personality.  I remember celebrating each birthday as he grew from baby to adult.  Jeffrey's journey was a journey of struggles.  I think he really struggled with being adopted more than I ever realized.  But he also had many positive and happy times in his life that hopefully outweighed the sad times.  I'm looking forward to the time when I will hear him say, "Hello Mother" in the only way Jeff could and getting that all encompassing bear hug that I loved so much.  Love you, my boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment