Thursday, July 14, 2022

I LIke to Look for Rainbows

 Yesterday I ran away from home.  I drove out to Annie's and spent the afternoon and evening with her.  Just needed to get away from the stress of life brought on by  - well, let's just leave it at that.  I don't need to go into details.  I'll just say that I'm trying to support Neal and how he chooses to "help" his children.  Sometimes I just need to space myself completely from the whole scenario and that was my choice yesterday.  

Annie and I played a few games of Nertz until Jeff finished his shift and then Jeff and Annie along with Andrew and I drove into Tooele and had hamburgers and fries.  When we got back we played a game of Shanghi and by that time it was 8:00 and I needed to be back in time to pick up Hayley from the library.   

As I left Stansbury, the skies were covered with black clouds, the wind was blowing hard and there was even some claps of thunder.  As I neared the airport I noticed the beginning of a rainbow.  The sun was setting and the timing was perfect for this incredible and gorgeous phenomenon of nature to occur.  As I watched the rainbow became larger and larger and more and more brilliant.  I had to pull off the freeway, jump out of my car and take a picture.  Dangerous, but so worth it.  As I neared home and exited the freeway I notice that we not only had one huge full arching rainbow but there was a double!  I must have thanked Heavenly Father over and over for this incredible scene above me.  I pulled into the Murray Public Library parking lot and got out and took a couple more pictures.  The pictures don't do justice to the intense and bright colors of the rainbow.  It was magnificent!!

This particular pictures was from a photographer up by a lake that got the full view of this rainbow.




I told Mallory that when I die and if I get to Heaven I want to be in charge of rainbows!

"I like to look at rainbows whenever there is rain,
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again."


No comments:

Post a Comment