Monday, February 15, 2021

Sunday Gathering

 After Abby's farewell in Sacrament Meeting the family gathered in the YW room where Annie had tables set up and a delicious potato bar set up along with sugar cookies and brownies.  The only family who came to the meeting and the gathering after was Mindy and Maddie.  It was so fun to see them and to be able to visit with them and catch up on their lives.  It was especially nice to have them come and support Abby.  

Dan, Jill and their daughter Ainsley came.  Two of Abby's friends from Logan came.  One of the girls is a member but not active in the church and the other was a non-member.  They surprised Abby and I know she was pleased that they made the effort to travel that far for her.  

Here are some pictures.  I'm afraid I got busy talking and didn't take very many.  But I did capture a few.

Annie going the extra mile to make everything as nice as possible.  I love the flower garden effect on the tables.  Beautiful and creative.



This is the buffet line.  I feel bad I didn't get a picture of the Valentine sugar cookies and the brownies.  You will just have to trust that we had them.
I also noticed that I didn't get a picture of Mindy and Maddie.  I spent most of my time visiting with them and didn't take a picture!  But, they were there and very supportive of Abby.

Abby and her two room mates.  So sweet of them to drive up from Logan!
Jill, her daughter Ainsley and Annie.  Long time friends of the Gertsons.  Dan (Jill's husband) was at the meeting and came in for a minute to the dinner but had to leave early.  He is a Bishop and had meetings he had to attend to.

Sunday thought?  Goodness I have so many of them swirling through my head that it is hard to just center on one.  But thinking about Abby and her choices throughout her life that has led her to this point - this is the thought that I share today:

"Stand out; be different from the world.  The Lord needs you to look like, sound like, act like, and dress like a true disciple of Jesus Christ." 

This is Abbigail Jeannine Gertson.



No comments:

Post a Comment