Sunday, September 20, 2020

While I was gone!

 While I was on a trip to Georgia to see Emmi an event happened at home that I wasn't told about until I returned.  Which, I might add, I was happy that the news waited.  I think it might have ruined my whole trip.  When we got home, Neal was there to pick me up, but was driving my car.  I asked why he brought my car and he made some excuse about it had more gas or something.  I knew right then that something wasn't quite right because Neal taking my car is not readily allowed.  When we got home and I was all unpacked and things put away, Neal knew that he couldn't keep his deep dark secret from me any longer.  He asked me to come out to the garage because he wanted to show me something.  This is the sight that greeted me:

Yup, welcome home Jeannine!  
Apparently, after Neal dropped me off he drove to the BMW dealership to have them check something on his car and as he was pulling out of the dealership on to State street he reached over to get his phone and hit someone.  Interesting that the other guys car didn't have a dent or a scratch but Neal's car has about $5,000.00 worth of damage to it.  He can't claim it on his insurance or they will would probably cancel us so he is going to have to pay out of his pocket to get his car fixed.  The tender blessing in all of this is that the car he hit had no damage so the guy just drove away so it didn't have to be reported to the police or our insurance.  

So, the story now is that I'm back to being the only driver in the family and having to take Neal every place that he needs to go.  What a pain.  But, better that I drive him every where than have him take my car and get in another wreck.

Ahhhh, life's journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment