Sunday, January 14, 2018

Funny comments from the Retirement Center

Last week I taught my lesson at MBK, the retirement center.  I teach the relief society and the priesthood together once a month.  I always try and have some kind of handout for them to take back to their rooms with them to help them remember what the lesson was about.  In December I blogged a picture of the manger scene made with popsicle sticks.  This month, for January, I gave them each a little compass with a saying.  After this months lesson was over and I had sat down, the brother who was conducting made a couple comments about the lesson and then asked if anyone had any questions or comments.  Janet raised her hand and said, "When I grow up, I want to be just like Jeannine!"  I blushed and we all kind of laughed.  Janet is about 85+.  Then one of the men raised his hand and said, "When I heard that Jeannine was teaching the lesson, I thought, do I know Jeannine?  And then I remembered, oh yes, I know her, she is the popsicle lady!"  Well, we all had a good laugh over that one.  I am now known as the popsicle lady!

I do love teaching over there and getting acquainted with these sweet people.

I have to add here that Neal and I went to see Bobby Mack at the rest home that she is at and it wasn't a pleasant visit.  Apparently Bobby is very, very mad that I haven't been to see her for years and she railed on me good.  I told her I was sorry but she wouldn't accept my apology and it was one of those visits that you thought you were doing something good for someone and it completely backfired.  I actually asked her if I could come again and she flat out told me that she wouldn't be here next time.  I guess she figured it would be another long time before I came back and she really wouldn't be here.  I'm going to go again this week and if she isn't happy to see me then maybe I should stay away if it upsets her.  I was going to take a picture of the two of us but decided there was no way she was going to smile.  I'll see how she is in a couple of days.

I should blog that I spent Saturday with Lila Mae and Susan and we had such a great time.   I bought a few items - some needed - some not really needed.  We ate at a Mexican place in downtown Provo and the food was delicious.  It was a great day and a fun one.

Choir practice today and I had over 30 people!  It is great and I almost love my calling.  It is so nice to have a huge ward choir and to have people come each week to practice!  I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing but I keep plugging along :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment