Saturday, October 28, 2017

Day 2 of my vacation days

Friday morning I got up bright and early to get the turkey stuffed and in the oven.  Then I peeled all the potatoes, cut them up and put them in the pan to soak until it was time to cook them.  I also peeled the carrots and got them cut up and in the pan ready to be cooked.  I made the Jello salad and the tossed green salad and got those in the frig.  Then I made the rolls for dinner and set them aside to raise.  After all this dinner preparation was done I started setting the tables.  I was through about 11:30, just in time to get cleaned up and head over to Granite Bakery to pick up the cake I ordered for Mallory.

You can't see it on the pictures I took but they misspelled Tennessee.  I didn't notice it until I got home and I was not a happy camper.  I paid too much for the cake to have them misspell a word.  They spelled Tennessee with one 'e'.  How dumb is that! 

Tucker and Jamie and the girls arrived about 5:15 and about 1/2 later we had Gertsons and Culters added to the mix.  Lyndsy joined us along with River and Desmond. 

We had a delicious dinner and played games until about 2:30 a.m.  Just like old times.  It was so fun.  I love all the laughing and joking that goes on. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment