Monday, June 12, 2017

Welfare Square

Linda Knight and I volunteered to go to welfare square and slice and bag bread this morning for 4 hours.  We had a fun time and I had to snap a couple pictures.  We aren't supposed to take our cell phones or any personal items in the processing area, but I had to sneak a couple pictures.  The first picture is from left to right:  Suzanne, Wendy (our RS President), me and Linda.  We were on our 15 minute break.
 Obviously me holding a loaf of the bread we sliced and bagged.  Totally reminded me of the chocolate days standing on the line with those stupid hair hats on!
This last picture is of Linda catching the loaf of bread as it comes through the slicer.  She then slides it on a metal flat scoop into the plastic bag that has air blowing in it so the bread can slide in easily.  Then I take the bread, twist it closed and put it on the conveyer belt.  It was a fun day and a fun experience.  We figured (by counting the bags) that Linda and I did about 600 loaves of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment