Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Gertson family mourns the loss of a young friend

Lynda Ann called me and was very saddened by the fact that a young boy, Andrews age and Andrews friend, had committed suicide.  It was a rough time for the Gertsons and other ward families who knew this family and grieved for them.  Annie felt helpless for this family.   I felt emotional on many levels as she shared the knowledge of what happened and having to talk to her own children about this tragedy.

There was a talk by Shayne M. Bowen that I had to look up.  Here is a part of that talk that gives me solace when I think of people suffering from the loss of a loved one:

     "I have learned that the bitter, almost unbearable pain can become sweet as you turn to your Father in Heaven and plead for His comfort that comes through His plan; His Son, Jesus Christ; and His Comforter, who is the Holy Ghost. 

     I testify that because of Him, even our Savior, Jesus Christ, those feelings of sorrow, loneliness, and despair will one day be swallowed up in a fullness of joy.  I can depend on him when He said: 
"I will not leave you comfortless:  I will come to you.  'Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me:  because I live, ye shall live also".  John 14:18-19


No comments:

Post a Comment