Thursday, June 15, 2017

Christmas choir program

When the bishop called me to be the choir director last September, I nearly fell off my chair in fits of laughter.  If there was ever a person unqualified for a job it was me for this one.  My musical abilities stop shortly after being able to read music and carry a tune.  I have put in my time as a primary chorister but that was all fun and games, nothing technical.  My head spun in circles for about 5 days as I tried to wrap my head around the idea that I was not only the choir director but would certainly have to come up with a Christmas program!  Having to write the program and having to lead the choir!  Good grief!  What was the bishop thinking.  My gross lack of experience led to conclude that the program needed to be very basic with MUCH participation from the congregation.  Amazingly enough the program was a success and I breathed a big sigh of relief.  But now it is June and time to be thinking about the Christmas program once again.  Interestingly enough, ideas have begun popping in my head.  I shall keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment