Sunday, October 4, 2015

Mt. Olympus

I was driving along 5600 and glanced up at Mt. Olympus, like I always do, and had to pull over and take a picture of this majestic mountain.  It is so incredibly beautiful.  I love living at it's foothills.
I thought of the poem that Lynda Ann wrote and gave to me years ago.  It hangs in our home. She had a picture of Mt. Timpanogos with the poem followed by a scripture:

 "I see my Father's hand everywhere I look,
  I feel my Father's spirit in everything I touch.
  I I hear my Father's voice in soft sounds of the earth.
  I have my Father's love and so each day I live.

D&C 20:17
"By these things we know that there is a God in heaven,
who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting
the same unchangeable God, the framer of heaven and earth,
and all things which are in them."

I love the gospel and I love that I know that I am a child of God and that he created this beautiful earth for me to live on and to gain a body and grow in this earthly experience.

Dallin H. Oaks said: "Consider the power of the idea taught in our beloved song "I Am a Child of God".  Here is the answer to one of life's great questions, "Who am I?"  I am a child of God with a spirit lineage to heavenly parents.  That parentage defines our eternal potential.  That powerful idea is a potent antidepressant.  It can strengthen each of us to make righteous choices and to seek the best that is within us.  Establish in the mind of a oung person the powerful idea that he or she is a child of God, and you have given self-respect and motivation to move against the problems of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment