Sunday, October 25, 2015

Last of the Fall berries

I wasn't going to do anymore jam but saw that Costco had beautiful strawberries and raspberries so I bought a flat of each and came home and spent an evening last week making batches of strawberry and raspberry jam.  I also made one batch of each that were less sugar for Ron Stanfield.

 I smiled as I pulled out all the bowls, wooden spoons. measuring bowls and cups, measuring spoons,  The last item out of the cupboard was my food processor.  This little piece of equipment was bought over 35 years ago at a home fair at the Salt Palace.  This has to be one of the best purchases I ever made.  This processor is used more than any other appliance in my kitchen.  I just love it!
I've used this KitchenAid processor over the years to chop, slice, shred, mash, mince and gently crumble up just about every food item you can think of.  I also love my big silver bowl and Tupperware bowls!

When I was done I had bottled about 56 pints and half pints of both kinds of jam.  I figured it costs me about $200.00 and I'm sure you could buy a lot more jam that I made for that amount of money but I don't think there is a store bought processed jam that taste nearly as good as my home made.  I will probably keep right on making it and sharing it with neighbors and family who ask.  Every time C.J. and Justin roll into town they always ask for some of my Gam's Jam as they so fondly refer to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment