Sunday, October 26, 2014

Busy Fall weekend

Neal and I were supposed to go to St. George with Ron and Judy this weekend, but Neal had so much to do that he (or I should say I) made the decision to stay home.  I had planned on taking Thursday and Friday off but decided to go into work on Thursday rather than waste those precious vacation days.  Neal was at his computer all day and into the evening working on papers for school.  Friday found him at the computer again all day long and into the evening.

I was going to go to work on Friday, but got a call from Lynda Ann telling me that she and a friend were coming in to Salt Lake for breakfast and then to the Wood Connection.  I was invited to go along and that sounded a lot more fun than going to work so I took Friday off and spent the morning with Lynda Ann and her friend Ronette.  The Wood Connection is like a craft persons Heaven.  This is the place that Jamie loves to go to when they are in Utah.  The place was full of all their fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas and projects.  This store for Lynda Ann and Jamie is like Stitching Craft Center is for me.  You almost want to buy everything in the place!  Annie bought Halloween, Fall and Christmas.  Apparently she spent almost the whole day doing the projects she bought.  She sent me pictures as she finished them.  She did all her Fall and now has all of her Christmas to do.

IMG_1219IMG_1220IMG_1222IMG_1217

Neal also spent the whole day Saturday getting some carving done for two Eagle Scouts.  He is doing two Neckerchief sliders for next Saturday.  I’m not going to tell you what this first carving (that was requested by the scout) is a bust of.  See if you recognize who this scouts hero is.  Dang, I just realized his picture is on the table.  Neal amazes me.  How he can look at a picture and from a block of wood carve out the face is beyond my understanding.  Artistic and crafty, I am not!  I’ll be sure and post the finished product.  He also has to carve a paint pallet.  He has never done anything like that before.  That will be interesting.

IMG_1215IMG_1216

I had my own projects for Saturday.  The usual cleaning, washing, ironing, etc.  But it was also time to change clothes from one closet to another, bringing out the winter clothes and putting away the summer wear and throwing old clothes in a bag to go to a lady in Midway.  I also had the afternoon to do some more stitching.  My favorite thing to do.  I can’t show you the stitching because I only mark the progress at the first of each month.  But I can show you my side of the closet.  It is clean and straightened.  I haven’t started on Neal’s side yet.  That project is for another day.

IMG_1218

No comments:

Post a Comment