Sunday, April 20, 2014

Just some thoughts.

I just listened to the Tabernacle Choir doing their Easter Sunday broadcast.  As the choir was singing, there were pictures of the beautiful spring flowers on temple square.  I couldn’t help but reflect that sometimes the long winter becomes a bit weary and we are most anxious to get on with spring.  Eastertime is a time of rebirth.  Eastertime is the sunshine and the showers and the blue sky that for long winter months was often gray and cloud covered.

It is fun to search for signs of spring and finally began to notice the buds forming on the trees, the spring bulbs slowly coming up from their winter bed and to watch the snow on Mount Olympus slowly disappear. To me, spring has finally arrived and I’m excited for the warm weather and the coming summer season.

To me, Eastertime is a refreshing of the soul, a renewal of our love for our Father in Heaven.  It is a remembrance of that early morning centuries ago, when our Savior left the tomb and was resurrected and the angel spoke the words, “He is risen.  He is not here.” 

I hope all my posterity takes a moment to reflect on this great miracle and that they go to church for the belief in a risen Christ, for the special meaning that Easter has for hearts that believe.  Easter is a time for rejoicing.  It is the promise and the power and the glory! 

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, one my mother’s favorite poets, wrote:

“Twas Easter Sunday.

The full-blossomed trees filled

all the air with fragrance and with joy.”

I am filled with joy this Easter Sunday.  I love the gospel, I know it is true and I rejoice in the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment