Sunday, April 6, 2014

184th Annual General Conference

How I love conference and so look forward to it every Spring and October.  To know that we have the opportunity to listen to a living prophet.  What a blessed people we are.  I have to admit that going to church while in your pajamas is an added bonus to any Sunday.  How wonderful to learn and have my testimony strengthened as I listen intently.  I also sat with Neal and watched and listened to the Priesthood Session.  I loved the comment about “If you chase two rabbits at the same time, you’ll never catch either one of them!”  How true that is! 

Two things that stuck in my head was:  “You can never force righteousness.  Righteousness is chosen.”  and another comment was:  “Relationships are not genetic, they are based on experience.”  Some GOOD food for thought for our combined family.  That comment took me clear back to a family counseling session we had and the counselor said that we shouldn’t worry about the time we had not had but to develop the time we now had together. 

I’m so thankful for Neal, for my family and for all my grandchildren.  I’m grateful that I have the chance each day to continue learning, continue traditions, promoting family gatherings as often as possible and maintaining my faith through by my callings, daily prayers and studying the scriptures (well at least reading them every day).  I love this gospel!

My favorite session was the Saturday morning session.  What was yours?

IMG_0624

No comments:

Post a Comment