Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine’s Day

I do love this day.  Mostly because of the tradition of my mother.  There was always a chocolate heart with my name on it left secretly on the front porch with a door bell ring.  Sad that we don’t do that anymore.  I remembering running home made paper Valentine’s around to my friends.  Sneaking up to the door, laying the Valentine on the porch, ringing the door bell and running as fast as I could my legs to move.  You never, never wanted anyone to know who had left that Valentine.  We didn’t sign them but the message was what was important and conveyed our friendship.  I often asked mother who left the valentine and she always said she had no idea.  Too bad that when I was older that I didn’t ask her.  I shall never know who left those chocolate hearts on my front porch!

From my love.  This was the best card ever.  It played the Peanuts theme song with four bubble pops at the end.  Of course, the Talbot’s card, the box of chocolates and the roses were all wonderful bonuses. 

IMG_5977IMG_5978IMG_0530

We also went to Market Street Grill for a bite to eat.  Ended up running into Jim and Bonnie Parkin and the Tates.  No surprise that Neal would run into people he knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment