Sunday, February 23, 2014

An Emmi Day

Saturday morning I was sitting at my computer working on a talk that I had to give at ward conference today. It must have been about a little after 8:00 when I got a phone call from Emmi telling me that she was at Gateway dropping her dad off for work and wondered if I wanted to go to breakfast with her.  I told her I would love to.  She came to the house and off we went to Mimi’s.  We both ordered waffles and hot chocolate.  It was fun to sit and listen to her talk about her class officer assignments and what she was doing to plan their graduation exercises for the senior class.  She also talked about her plans for college and scholarships.  IMG_0536

We got to the mall about 9:40 and went straight to the Apple store to get some ear phones.  From their we noticed that Eddie Bauer was opened.  We walked in there just a few minutes before 10:00 and they told us they were having a promotion.  Apparently their store had opened at 8:00 a.m. and from eight to ten they were having a drawing for $50.00 gift certificate.  They were just getting ready to close the drawing and said that we should put our names in, so we did.  Neither one of us thinking that anything would come of it.  Well, Emmi won the $50.00 gift card!!  She was ecstatic because Eddie Bauer is her FAVORITE store to shop at!  She ended up buying some pants, a t-shirt, a shirt and a tank top to wear under the shirt.  We had a fun time together that morning.  I’m glad she isn’t embarrassed to be shopping with her grandmother and that we had such a fun time together.  We got back to the house about 11:45.  She had to pick up her dad at noon and I had an appointment with Lyndsy at noon.  Thanks for a fun Saturday morning, Emmi! 

IMG_0538

She also sent me a picture of another vase that she finished in her ceramic class.  She is very creative and quite the artist.  Can’t wait to see it close up.

IMG_0534‘t

No comments:

Post a Comment