Monday, February 17, 2014

Memories of Mother

How grateful I am that Lynda Ann is a memorabilia person!  I mentioned to her that our theme for our Stake Women’s Conference is around pioneers.  We want to display home made quilts.  I mentioned to Annie that I would like to display the quilt that her grandmother and Aunt Lila quilted for her.  It is white Satan with the temple quilted in the middle of it.  She said I could certainly borrow it and wondered if I wanted the other ones she had.  I was surprised that she had some.  She had two more quilts.  She reminded me that mother had her lay on a piece of butcher paper and traced around her.  Using that pattern she appliqued a little girl, representing Annie, in the center of the quilt.  Oh the memories that came flooding back.  Thank you Annie, for taking such good care of them.  They will be passed down to your daughters some day.  I will take a picture of the temple quilt when I get it displayed and can get the full pattern of the temple on camera.

IMG_0527IMG_0526IMG_0525

No comments:

Post a Comment