Tuesday, October 29, 2013

River’s Primary Program

Lyndsy called us a couple weeks ahead to let us know that it was River’s primary program.  With Neal and I both having stake callings and finding ourselves in so many meetings on Sunday it is nice when we get advanced notice of Sunday happenings.  We were both able to attend the Primary Program and were touched by the message of the program and of course, proud of River.  He stood right up to the microphone and said, “My name is River Goss, I’m a soccer player.  But more importantly, I am a child of God.”  I shall add my testimony that we are all children of God.  Thanks, Goss’s for inviting us to the program.

We had hoped to go out to Herriman and see Brock and Boston in their Primary program but Maren and Greg forgot to let us know when it was and we missed it.  Maybe next year!

IMG_5719

After the meeting, Neal and I drove home by way of Cumberland Road.  I knew that the home that Jeff and Lynda Ann grew up in was being remodeled, and I was anxious to see what they had done.  Jeff and Annie you should drive by the old neighborhood some time.  Lots of changes and especially to our home.  It is fun to drive down the streets of Holiday and be able to name every single family that lived in those homes.  There is an advantage of being in the RS Presidency because you do get to know every single person in your neighborhood, member or non-member.  This is a picture of our old home. 

IMG_5720

You can see the two entrances are still the same but they have extended the garage out to the front and widened it more and they’ve taken away the cement driveway that went around the South side of the house.  It would be fun for both of you to drive by.  I always loved that home and it was sad for me to make the decision to sell it and I know it was very emotional for both of you.  But it is nice to drive by and see that the people who bought it, love it and have made some fun and modern improvements on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment