Sunday, October 13, 2013

Grieving seems to be a life long journey.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Jamie and Mindy who have both experienced the loss of a brother in the past few years.  I want them to know how deeply I feel for them, sorrow for their loss, and pray for peace to settle in their hearts.

I too have lost two brothers, a dear sister and my mother.  I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t think about them and especially my mother. 

Some days the thoughts of mother are just that, a fleeting moment of memory followed by a smile.  But, every so often something will be said or I’ll do something or see something that brings my emotions right up in my throat and I want to be able to call her or run to Provo to see her.  Yes, I still think about her every day and I fight back the tears.  It does get easier as time goes on, but I still miss her. 

The other day I needed a funnel and I pulled out the old tin funnel that mother always used when canning fruits from the fall harvest.  That simple, beat up and well used trinket has become invaluable to me. 

I’m also reminded of mother and my siblings whenever I see a rainbow or hear a sentimental song.  Things like that help me to remember they were real.  Sometimes life gets me so busy and so far removed and those things remind me that I love them and I miss them and that I will see all of them again someday. 

So, I’ve come to the conclusion that the loss of someone we love is something we probably never get over.  My siblings will always be in my memory.  Mother will always be in my heart.   And I will continue to miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment