Saturday, October 5, 2013

General Conference and the first fall weekend.

I love this weekend of the year.  It is one that I always look forward to.  It is a weekend of lots of changes and it is the weekend that I so fondly refer to as “going to church in my pajamas”.  I love conference weekend.  Saturday always seems to be my most favorite sessions.  How blessed we are to be able to hear messages from our Prophet and the 12 Apostles.  It is a weekend of learning, strengthening our testimonies and being able to sustain our leaders. 

It is always a weekend of change in the home.  Neal buys pumpkins for the front porch, pulls out the Halloween décor and summer clothes are put away and winter clothes take their place in the closet. The cold weather has certainly set in and the ground is now covered with frost each morning.   I have to say that I don’t look forward to winter but I love the changing of the seasons.  Each season has it’s own beauty and with each season comes the promise of another change.

Lynda Ann made me the witch that centers my dining room table and Susan gave me three ghosts that say, “Hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil.  Good advice for all of us!

IMG_5703IMG_5704IMG_5705IMG_5706IMG_5707IMG_5708

I might add here that this is the first time that the Priesthood Session is televised.  Neal is home for the first time watching Priesthood Meeting in his easy chair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment