Thursday, February 7, 2013

River’s first Chinese program.

It was fun to go to River’s first program at his school where he has Chinese speaking only for half the day and English speaking the other half.  He learns all his subjects in English and Chinese.  It was fun to hear him introduce himself as River in Chinese and then the group sang a couple of songs.  James and I thought it interesting that the tunes are American but the subject they sing is not what we are familiar with.  For example, they sang a Chinese song to the tune of My Darling Clementine.  James said it was about a tiger, not about Clementine!  Pretty good pictures for my little phone.  Some day I need to get a fancy camera but I have a hard enough time figuring out what my phone will do, let alone try and figure out some fancy camera.  So, maybe not.

IMG_0141IMG_0143IMG_0145IMG_0146IMG_0147IMG_0151IMG_0152IMG_0153

No comments:

Post a Comment