Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend events

Friday right after work, Neal and I went up to the U of U to watch a few minutes of Emmi’s basket ball game and then hurried from their to attend a dinner being held for a young man going on a mission.  It was a full evening and we didn’t get home until late.  I’m still having a hard time realizing that Emmi is 16, a junior in high school and will be off to college in a couple of years!

IMG_3837IMG_3838IMG_3839IMG_3840IMG_3841S

Saturday morning we got up early and went to Forest Dale and played 9 holes of golf.  In Utah during the summer months you want to play early in the morning or just at dusk when the sun isn’t beating down on you quite so intensely.  We all know that Neal never gets enough sleep (so he says) so when I looked out the window this is what I saw.  He had gone out on the patio to eat his fresh scone that we had just bought at the grocery store and to check his flowers and give them a drink.

IMG_3843 

That afternoon about 1:00 pm we went to the Jordan River Temple and did a session and from their to the Saturday night Stake Conference adult meeting.  Linda and Dave Knight invited us to go to dinner with them after.  Dinner at 8:00 p.m. is pretty late to be eating.  I remember mother always used to say, “Your dreams will have plots if you eat after 7:00 p.m.”  I always thought that was kind of a funny saying.

I forgot to mention that I told LInda Knight that I didn’t want to sit towards the front because I’ve experienced being called out of the audience in Stake Conference and in sacrament meetings to speak and share my testimony!  Well as fate would have it, when we got there we ended up sitting on the side of the chapel the third row back from the front. Linda and I even joked about sitting up toward the front and being noticed by the Stake Presidency!  Well, I wasn’t called on to speak but when President Amos announced the closing song, he said, “This is an impromptu request, but we would like to ask Sister Jeannine Maxfield to give the closing prayer.”  So I had to speak – sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment