Sunday, August 9, 2020

76 Years of a GREAT Life!

I just celebrated my 76th birthday.  Now I have officially lived over three quarters of a century!  Goodness!!  

It was a fun week of celebrations from going to Provo to spend some time with Susan and Lila, to Scofield with Ron and Judy, a birthday breakfast furnished by Lynda Ann and ward members dropping little gifts on my front porch.  Happy times.

We met at Joe Vera's Mexican Restaurant Saturday at noon for my birthday lunch and then did some shopping after.  One thing Annie wanted to do was top at IKEA to look at some glasses and a table.  We drove up there and it looked just like Disney Land!  You had to follow lines and lines of people through roped off paths to get your turn to go into the store.  We quickly made the decision to high tail it out of there and go back on a week day when it wasn't quite so busy.


Susan gave me this book - that is amazing.  You will probably all get this as our Christmas Book this year.  It really makes you think about love and self worth.  
Susan also gave me these face coverings so that I could coordinate what I was wearing with my masks.  
Gift cards all from Susan!  Roxberry for great smoothies.  Neal and I love this place and often just have a smoothie for dinner.  I often leave work and grab one for lunch.  Soooo delicious!
My favorite place to go for a hot chocolate on my way to work in the winter.  I shall be saving this for the first cold blast of winter.  
What can I say.  Talbots - my favorite place to shop for clothes!  One can never have too many things to wear, right?  

Lila Mae gave me this beautiful little music box with the saying about sisters on the front.
 Lynda Ann made this beautiful wreath for my front door where it is now hanging.  I love it.
Jamie surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers (I can't find that picture yet) and a box of groceries (I always love that gift because I love to go through and see what she picks out for us - she is always right on).  

Maren came by yesterday and brought me a gift card for Sego Lily Spa from the Cutlers and the Tucker Maxfield family.  She said it was Tucker's idea and that they both felt like I needed a day devoted to just me!  I was very excited.  I know, those of you who know me, know that I don't like massages, but the list of things that you can have done at this Spa is amazing.  I will certainly take advantage of it.  My favorite thing is a facial.  I shall do that along with some other choices.  They were very generous with the amount on the card.  They also gave me this gorgeous bouquet of flowers.




Then to top off an already incredible 76th birthday, Abby surprised me with a painting that she had done herself.  This girl has a talent for art and even though she is pursuing a different career in college, I hope that she will take some art classes when she gets home from her mission.


Thank you all for a very happy birthday and for making me feel loved and cared about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment